Siehe http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2011/08/app-engine-153-sdk-released.html, http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/wiki/SdkForJavaReleaseNotes:
- Blobstore API – We’ve removed the limits on the size of blob uploads. You can now upload files of any size, allowing your app to serve images, video, or anything your internet connection can handle.
- Index retrieval – We’ve added the ability for you to programmatically retrieve the list of indexes you’ve currently defined in the datastore, as well as their statuses.
- Datastore Admin – You can now enable the Datastore Admin function from the Admin Console. This will allow Java users to make use of this functionality, like deleting all entities of a certain kind, without having to upload a Python version of their application. And for Python developers, you no longer need to enable this in your app.yaml file.
- HRD Migration Trusted Testers – We are seeking early adopters to try out an improved HRD migration tool that requires a read-only period relative to your datastore write rate (as opposed to your datastore size, which is how the current version behaves). Please see the release notes for more information.
- Download app – Using the AppCfg download_app command, you can download any files that were uploaded from your war directory when you last updated the app version.